Covington is a village in Miami County, Ohio and was incorporated in 1835 on the site of the 1793 Fort Rowdy. Laid out in 1816, Covington was previously known under the names of Friendship, Newberry, and Stillwater. A post office called Stillwater was established in 1825 and changed to the name of Covington in 1836 a year after the Village of Covington was incorporated.
Today, Covington is a quiet, warm and friendly community which embraces small-town values. It is an agricultural and environmental community due to the surrounding farms and beautiful natural landscapes of the Stillwater River and Greenville Falls. Covington is also home to many great retail businesses, restaurants, and industrial manufacturers.
Covington is located at 40°7′6″N 84°21′5″W (40.118434, -84.351312).
The village has a total area of 1.35 square miles (3.50 km2), of which 1.32 square miles (3.42 km2) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.08 km2) is water. Portions of the west border follow along the Stillwater River and Greenville Creek.
The 2010 census lists 2,584 people, 1,037 households, and 706 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,957.6 inhabitants per square mile (755.8/km2). There were 1,156 housing units at an average density of 875.8 per square mile (338.1/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 98.1% White, 0.3% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.2% from other races, and 1.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.6% of the population.
The 2020 census lists 2,548 people, with no other information available at this time.