Be a part of the annual Covington Holiday Home Decorating Contest! The contest, which is sponsored by the Village of Covington, along with the Covington Chamber of Commerce, encourages community pride by decorating in the spirit of the holiday.
Residents who have gone above and beyond in decorating their residence in an exceptional creative approach will be recognized for their hard work at the Covington Council Meeting on Monday, December 19th at 7:00 PM.
The contest is open to all residents within the Village of Covington and is free of charge. Entry forms can be dropped off at the Government Center, or scanned and emailed back the Village at firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES & INSTRUCTIONS
- Participation is open to all residents within the Village of Covington.
- Entry is free; no cost or fees apply.
- Employees of the Village of Covington as well as Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors are not eligible to participate.
- Entry Applications must be received no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, December 9th.
- Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged. Corner lots will be judged from both streets. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the Village Website and/or published in the Village’s newsletter and/or local newspaper.
- Judging will take place from dusk until 9:00 pm on the evenings of December 15th through December 17th. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated during the judging times.
- An Entry Number Card will be placed by the Village in the yard of each participant in a conspicuous place where it can be seen by the judges from the street.
- Residents may enter only ONE of the following categories:
- Most Traditional (Timeless Traditions, look and feel of a traditional holiday display, no inflatables)
- Spirit of the Season (Mix of all old and new seasonal displays)
- Clark Griswold (Most Lights)
- Creative Use of Inflatables. (This speaks for itself)
- All residents will automatically be entered in the Peoples’ Choice Category.
- One winner will be chosen in each category.
- Each category winner will be awarded $150 sponsored by the Covington Chamber of Commerce.
- Participants are requested to keep their homes decorated through January 1st so that the community may view and enjoy the decorations.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Good Luck to Everyone!